Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Post Today(Past PerfectTense)

Er......Lets see....What have I learnt today???...Oh...Now I remember,'Past Perfect Tense'!!The past perfect tense is often used in English when we are relating two events which happened in the past..
Past perfect tense is formed using two
components: the verb HAVE (in the past tense), and the past participle form of a verb. With a regular verb the past participle ends with -ED (just like the simple past). Irregular verbs have a special past participle form that you have to learn. Here are the rules, using the regular verb "arrive" and the irregular verb "eat":
Here's 2 examples: 1.I gobbled my food.....
I realised that i had 5 mins of recess left......
ans: 1.I gobbled my food after
i had realised that i had 5mins of recess left...
:2.First,I washed the car.... Then,I drove to the mall....
ans:After I had washed the car, I drove to the mall.

No comments: