Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What Is Something That You Like About Yourself ?

Hmm........What a difficult question!!! Lets see..Er..nothing ...nothing and...nothing!!! I am experiencing brainfreeze thinking of this question.. arrhhh!! So Hang On...Let me get a cup of hot chocolate to melt the ice in my brain..BRB...
------
Ahh... feel much better now!! Eh(??), where was I?? Oh, now I remembered,..Okay, lets get back to the topic...
Well, I can't seem to find anything that I like about myself...maybe having useful hands that are good at paper cutting?? Ahh.. yes... I won a few paper cutting competition 1-2 years ago. They were all first prize,except for one which I had gotten second.. (not bad already leh(oops singlish)!!
Chinese papercutting is a unique artform and has existed for thousands of years...I can't even believe it myself...
Although papercutting is a traditionally female activity, professional papercutting artists are, on the other hand, usually male..very surprising, isn't it??(bet you didn't know i knew so much about the history of paper cutting..0_o)
Once, I participated in a paper cutting competition in school during racial harmony day. If I am not wrong, it was year 2005 then..I got first and Michelle got second..(boy...was she angry then) The teachers who were helping us stick the cuttings into the paper even praised my cutting and said that it was beautiful..(I am not boasting or making it up..it's a fact)
well I guess this is what I am(a little)good at AND what i like about myself....
THE END

5 comments:

Mrs Sim said...

Hi Vanessa,

It is not usual to find male experts in "traditionally female activities" - think cooking, sewing, applying make-up - the best chefs, designers and make-up artists are male. I can think of tonnes more.. Can you think of more examples? (NOw.... what's the moral of the story?)

Cindy said...

ah mah~~~~


i know what u're good at!!!scoldin me....i'm SO CORRECT :D SSSSSSSHHHHHIIII_ _

DECODE IT MAN

TATA



THE ONE AND ONLY..............PIGGY~~


KK,IM CCML

Jiaen said...

ha! michelle was TRUE angry at tad time....u noe, when u noe tad u r the winner,u was really nagging and keep on asking me y u never get the prize.....im the victim :(

cerlinda_22 said...

Moral of story: Do more doesn't mean do best. Right?

Cindy said...

muhaha,i cut earthworm 's best... i shall teach you.


after blending it,u spray hair spray ,let it solidify,den cut (8